(Agro) Forestry Consultant
Due to an increasing number of (agro)forestry projects and clients, Form International now seeks a forestry consultant with a focus on (agro)forest economics, business and operations planning and financial modelling. The consultant will support the team in calculating long term projections of (agro)forest growth and yields, collection and analysis of data, as well as modelling the costs and benefits of (often complex) (agro)forestry businesses. This will be both for external clients and own forest plantations through Form International’s affiliates Form Ghana and SFI Tanzania.
The consultant will be working closely with the Form International team and planning managers and officers at Form Ghana, SFI Tanzania and other clients. The consultant will partly be working with specialized forest management software. Occasionally, the work will include international travelling.
Key responsibilities are:
- Develop and update (agro)forestry business models
- Analyse short, mid and long-term strategic and business scenarios
- Contribute to (agro)forestry project and business plans
- Support operational (agro)forest planning
- Prepare financial investment models
- Analyse (agro)forest and management data
- Support the team in other forestry related projects and consultancy
The successful candidate has high analytical skills, is very good with numbers and works easily with data, modelling and software. The candidate is also able to interpret and translate models and analysis results to (agro)forestry field operations and management. (Agro)forestry, economics and modelling are areas of interest and there should be demonstrated experience in one or more of these fields preferably in a private sector context (working experience, thesis, internships). The candidate is fast learning, a team player able to work in a support role in a proactive way, and fits in an international and intercultural work setting.
- MSc degree level qualification or higher in Forestry, Forestry Economics, Agroforestry, Tropical Agriculture (or similar)
- At least 2 years of working experience in (agro)forestry, preferably with forest operations and/or forest economics
- Alternatively a proven thorough understanding of: tree/crop growth, forest stand development and (agro)forestry operations, economics and financial/business modelling
- Affinity with financial aspect of (agro)forestry operations, financial modelling and growth & yield of forest stands
- Experience in working with forestry management software is an advantage
- Strong analytical and numeric skills and structured way of working
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
- A full-time position as Forestry Consultant in the Form International team
- A market conform salary and secondary terms of employment, fitting your knowledge and experience
- A tightly-knit team of professional colleagues, that cooperate in an informal way
- An excellent work climate with perspectives for further development
Form International is a forest management and services company that manages forest assets in Africa and delivers a range of technical and financial services to clients worldwide.
The firm is active both as an advisor in the forest sector and as manager of forest assets. Assets under management for our clients encompass 27,000 hectares of sustainable forest plantations, forest restoration, nature conservation and agroforestry in Ghana and Tanzania. The focus is on the restoration of degraded forest lands into productive, ecologically and socially functioning landscapes.
Since 2017 Form International has embarked on a new development to complement reforestation with an integrated forest landscape restoration programme to be piloted in Ghana and to be replicated elsewhere. Form’s approach is to design and develop model projects for restoration of degraded forest landscapes through mixed agriculture and forestry business activities in partnership with communities and smallholder farmers, which also integrates nature conservation, improved fire management and governance.
Form International was established in 1992 and is based in Hattem, The Netherlands. The team is characterized by an ambitious, down-to-earth mentality and a practical approach. All consultants and managers have international working experience, mainly in tropical countries. The organisational structure is open and informal with direct communication between management and staff. At Form International there is room for creativity, personal input and knowledge sharing.
Interesse in deze functie?
We invite you to send your application and CV to: email@example.com
Form International | Eijerdijk 87 | 8051 MS Hattem | The Netherlands
For the attention of Mr. Rik Sools (Managing Director)
t +31 (0) 38 4448990 | www.forminternational.nl