Communications & PR Manager
Position: Communications & PR Manager
Start Date: TBC
Days: 3-4 days/ week; 24-32 hrs
MWB is looking for a Communications and PR Manager to consolidate and continue to scale MWB’s communications objectives in line with the MWB communications strategy.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work with project managers to align communications guidelines within the organization;
- Manage, maintain and update all MWB social media accounts, website, and blog entries, to increase MWB’s visibility and promote its mission;
- Lead and maintain (e)newsletter and (major, institutional and individual) donor communications;
- Update communications materials (flyers, printed and e-newsletter, leaflets, banners, etc), if needed, and ensure the timely dissemination among the key audiences;
- Update and oversee communications manual and procedures and assure dissemination and familiarity throughout the organization;
- Manage MWB’s media strategy and maintain and develop relationships with press and external stakeholders;
- Coordinate communications around events;
NB: in the first period, the employee will work in close collaboration with MWB’s current Head of Communications, Nehmi Klaassen, who will transfer responsibilities to the Communications Manager by the end of December 2019.
The successful candidate is:
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Dutch (native speaker in one of the two)
- Professional or near-professional written and spoken English-language skills;
- Familiar with WordPress
- Should know how to use social media (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram), including analytical tools
- Understand branding and content management
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, G Suite, including Google Analytics and AdWords
- Team player but also able to work independently
- Willing to work occasional weekends
- A positive working environment
- More than just the usual 9 to 5
- You join a team dedicated to social change and peacebuilding
Interesse in deze functie?
Please send your application easily via the 'Apply' or 'Solliciteer' button below.
- Overheid - Stichting - Non-profit