Electronics Test Engineer
This vacancy is within our Electronics team, a group of 4 experienced Electronics Engineers. You will work closely with the engineers to test electronics systems for UAV avionics.
From approximately start 2020, we will start testing our experimental aircraft (AP-3) in Ireland. The AP-3 aircraft is a state of the art UAV utilizing fast, reliable, efficient electronic designs part of a redundant architecture. Integration will happen in the Netherlands early this year. You will be asked to frequently go to Ireland and work at our test site to support the flight testing of AP-3 as part of the Flight Operations Team.
What do we need from you to complement the team?
You have a Master, Bachelor University or HBO degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering with at least 2 years of experience related to testing, for example commissioning equipment in the industry sector or working as a test engineer in a development department.
- Like testing and find root cause of failure of complicated electronics equipment in the lab and in the field.
- Like practical work and have hands-on experience in assembling and reworking electronics, measuring equipment and wiring;
- Execute test procedures on batches of electronics items for quality control;
- Are able to assemble wiring harnesses;
- Like to learn new skills;
- Are comfortable working with quality-focused development processes, and contribute to their continuous improvement;
- Are a team player;
- Are proactive and you take ownership;
- Report in a precise and concise manner;
- Are good at writing technical documentation.
As you will be part of an international team, you are proficient in English (speaking and writing).
We’d also like you to have extensive knowledge of:
- Analog and digital electronics;
- Industrial communication protocols like RS422, CAN bus;
- Electronics test equipment;
Not a must-have, but we’d very much welcome the following experiences:
- Knowledge of programming languages like C, C++, Python or similar;
- Experience simulating electronics using Spice;
- Knowledge working with CAD software like Altium, Solidworks or Fusion 360;
What do we have to offer?
We offer you an opportunity to contribute to a sustainable energy future. You will be working on a unique innovation using state-of-the-art technologies in an international team of enthusiastic professionals. Together, we will be launching our Airborne Wind Energy technology on the market in the next few years.
You can look forward to:
- A competitive salary between 3000€ to 4000€, adjustable to your talent, knowledge and experience;
- A personalized work-life balance;
- Flexible working hours;
- 30 leave days every year;
- Excellent opportunities for growth via our personal development plan;
- Excellent opportunities to take initiative and responsibility;
- Working together with a team of professionals of top international status;
- Shares in the company as all employees are shareholder;
- A daily freshly-made free lunch.
Our planet’s survival depends on a sustainable energy future. Existing technologies create progress towards this goal, but to accelerate the energy transition we must unlock additional sustainable energy sources. Ampyx Power is developing an Airborne Wind Energy System (AWES) that can access powerful wind at high altitude using tethered unmanned aircraft.
Do you want to use your unique skills to help us in developing pioneering sustainable energy technology? Join us, and be part of our adventure!
Introducing our team and culture
We believe that a diversity of perspectives, ideas, cultures, and common passion to make a difference is needed to develop our pioneering technology.
Today we have a team of over 50 highly skilled professionals with more than 20 nationalities working from The Hague and Melbourne. We will be opening another office in Ireland in the near future. Most of our employees have a university degree and several employees have PhD background.
We have a socially open atmosphere in our company, placing value on trust. We think in terms of solutions rather than problems. We challenge each other and act decisively in our day-to-day work. Everyone's input is valuable and we work with clear deadlines and objectives. This way of working has helped us to make significant steps in our airborne technology development over the past 10 years.
Interesse in deze functie?
If you have questions about the company or processes, please send an e-mail to Layla@ampyxpower.com. If you have more specific, technical questions, please contact Orlando Diaz on the following e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or number: 0031 70 4020168.
- Duurzame energie - Energie transitie