Finance and Office Manager job (with fluent Dutch!)
The opportunity: B Lab Europe’s Finance and Office Manager
For the last five years the B Corp movement in Europe has significantly increased with more and more businesses working to become part of the B Corp community. The B Lab Europe team is also working hard to grow and keep pace with this acceleration. Now in its fifth year of operations, B Lab Europe is seeking a dynamic, organised, and passionate team player to support our organisation. We are hiring to fill the role of Finance and Office Manager to support in the areas of HR, office management, and financial bookkeeping. This person will be joining a fast paced and small team with big ambition to drive behavioural change in business. Strong candidates will not only bring experience but demonstrated willingness to get involved with a highly dynamic organisation.
This role will report to B Lab Europe’s Executive Director with oversight from the Management Board Chair. This role is based in Amsterdam.
It is anticipated that this role to begin with will be part time either 3-4 days per week for 20 hours per week.
Functional Responsibilities and Tasks for this role include:
Office & Team
• Support with the development and implementation of an employee handbook
• Research best practice on benefits such as pension and holiday allowance
• Support and coordinate employee onboarding
• Handle all systems administration and management support
• Oversee and facilitate all office, employment, and insurance contracts and relationships with 3rd party support (office building, accountants, insurance brokers, etc)
• Assist with Board of Directors engagement
• Complete all office purchase orders based on office needs
• Process and administer accounts receivables and payables
• Manage all communication with companies regarding financial obligations
• Oversee payments and bank transactions
• Conduct monthly updates and quarterly reporting on financial position
• Oversee and report on cash flow.
Skills and Experience required
• 3 - 5 years of experience related to company office management and/or finance
• Experience with a variety of income streams - grants, rebates from State, invoiced fees
• Experience in bookkeeping & financial transaction administration
• Familiarity with annual accounts
• EU work authorization
• Dutch & English fluency
• Familiarity with Dutch employment terms is required
• Demonstrated excellence in project management and relationship management
• Familiarity with technology platforms, including Google Suite and Salesforce
• A constructive, solution - oriented approach to improvement and problem solving
• Passion for using business to solve social and environmental problems
• Experience developing and implementing new processes
• Meeting management and facilitation skills
• Self-starter, self-checker, focus on preciseness of information provided
• Systematic and organised, a finisher of tasks
An annual pro – rata salary in the range of €35,000 - €40,000 (depending upon experience and hours).
B Lab’s global vision
B Lab’s global vision is to capture the power within all businesses to measure their impact with as much rigour as they measure their profits. By certifying companies that meet and commit in their governing articles to continuing to reach the highest standards in social and environmental impact as B Corps, we create a community of leaders who inspire others to follow suit. We see that companies will compete to be Best for the World, building an inclusive economy that creates a shared and durable prosperity for all. There are now more than 3000 B Corps in over 60 countries and covering 130 sectors, with a combined global revenue equivalent to the GDP of Bulgaria or Costa Rica.
B Lab Europe
Since the B Corp movement was established in Europe in 2014 (and subsequently in the UK in 2015), it has gained remarkable traction with approaching 600 certified B Corps and nearly 20,000 European users of the B Impact Assessment. The European movement is underpinned by a network of different entities – certified B Corps, country partner representatives and the small team of B Lab Europe, which coordinates the strategy, processes and many of the activities of its European country partners.
B Lab Europe team and board is currently based in Amsterdam, and is co-located with seven Standards Analysts and with the Benelux countries’ team. Working as a European region within a global network of B Lab partners, B Lab Europe is established as a not for profit body under Dutch law, with a Supervisory Board and a Management board.
We see an exponential interest in companies and countries seeking to engage with the B Corp movement. We now seek to expand our team to help deliver on the evergrowing interest in the B Corp movement that we are seeing right across the continent.
Interesse in deze functie?
Applications will be accepted for this role until 15th November 2019
• Please submit a CV and a letter of motivation via the apply button below with the email subject: B Lab Europe Finance and Office manager.
• After submitting your application, it will be reviewed for initial screening.
• The hiring team will reach out directly to candidates who pass the initial screening and set up the next steps for an interview.
We very much look forward to hearing from you if this job opportunity excites you and you have the necessary experience / qualifications and skills to bring to the role.
B Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to ensuring that our recruitment process is open, fair and not influenced by irrelevant considerations.
- Advies - Consultancy