Quality Assistant Internship
The Intern ‘Quality Assistant’ will focus on:
- Roasting & preparing cuppings: Learn how to digitally profile using the Ikawa & Roest (the latest machines for sample roasting). Prepare cuppings according to our in-house protocol and support the quality supervisor in the evaluation. Present all results internally to the account managers. On a weekly basis you will be providing support to the SCA training preparations from WB Coffee.
- Sample administration: Registration of all incoming and outgoing green samples. Checking the physical state of each sample, going through the beans and measuring variable such as humidity levels. Get in touch with our suppliers to provide the corresponding feedback and complete missing information. On a daily basis we prepare sample packages to send out to customers. Work with each account manager to efficiently prepare the perfect package for them to roast & cup.
- Preparing events: The Coffee Quest promotes their assortment by visiting customers, but also by organizing cupping session at different locations, including during coffee related events. You will support the account managers by making each event a success. Test all samples beforehand and learn how to the perfectly present our flavours.
- Working together in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team: At The Coffee Quest you will work alongside a divers team, consisting out of French, Spanish and English speaking people. You will be located in our office in Amsterdam-Noord, but will also interact with our sister company in Colombia, and partners across our supply network. English is over main language. You will be assigned a supervisor inside the company, but will work together with more people, often on more than one project.
- Coffee Geek! It’s all about the details.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Hands-on mentality, structured, precise and curious. Not afraid to do repetitive work.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Applications.
- Experience as barista or roaster is a plus.
What can we offer you?
- Small team, nice colleagues and good coffee!
- Minimum of 5 months internship (32-40 hours weekly) at a Start-up that is growing quickly.
- Part of Amsterdam Roasters Coffee Collective, a new coffee hub where you interact daily with other coffee professionals.
- Not just office work, but participating in events and team ‘borrels’.
- Learn more about quality control, purchasing & sales of green coffee.
- Possibility to grow internally after a successful internship.
- Internship compensation & SCA Foundation course.
The Coffee Quest works on a daily basis to source the best green ‘raw’ coffee from producing countries in Africa and Latin America. The coffee beans are packed in heavy jute bags and shipped per container to The Netherlands. From our warehouse we service a variety of European roasters, who roast & prepare the coffee beans for consumption. The quality behind each coffee is the cornerstone of our business.
On the bottom floor in our office building, you find educational space Amsterdam Coffee Lab, managed by WB Coffee. This is where we perform quality control to prevent issue and correct advise to our customers. As intern you will work here on evaluating the coffee quality in all steps towards final presentation. Following the yearly harvest calendar, we receive samples from our supplier network. Using our quality protocol each sample is examined to determine if the quality corresponds to our requirements. Our aim is to understand the issues producers face and link them to the physical and sensorial results in the coffee. Next to working in the Lab, you will actively participate as team member in the organization of events, such as: fairs & public cuppings.
Interesse in deze functie?
Does the profile fit you, and do you get enthousiastic about working with green coffee beans? Click the 'solliciteer' button and send us your motivation and CV.
- Food - Products - Fashion
- Social Enterprise