Senior Assurance Officer Re-imagine Certification
The Senior Assurance Officer Re-Imagine Certification develops and implements innovations in RA’s certification processes related to the Certification Bodies’ auditing practices and potentially to other types of assurance interventions to increase the efficiency and value of the audits for both producers and companies. The aim is to contribute to the realisation of the strategic goal to renew our certification approach in alignment with Rainforest Alliance’s (RA) vision and with the aim of maximizing RA’s impact and credibility.
Main purpose is to make the audit process more efficient and effective by targeting our interventions to certain topics, areas in the farm, or times of the year, based on risk analysis and other information sources. In this context, the Sr. officer contributes (in close collaboration with people from different teams) to the realisation of the following outputs (deliverables):
- Auditors have the tools and ICT to collect and report improvement indicator data (e-audit);
- Improved quality of audits;
- Auditors provide more constructive feedback to producers on performance;
- Improved support for data collection, verification and use based on more detailed risk maps for mandatory improvement topics: child labour, forced labour, income and deforestation.
The officer’s main duties will be on the development, testing and translation of innovations into practical proposals:
- Clarify what type of data CBs must collect as part of the new standard, and determine how to capture data on mandatory improvement criteria;
- Determine and develop the types of tooling that are needed to collect data, based on what CBs are using now;
- Determine the data management skills that CBs need to collect the data.
- BA or BS Degree in Natural Resource related field (i.e. Forestry, Wildlife, Biology);
- Min 10 years of practical experiences in auditing producers of at least one of the major crops like coffee/cocoa/tea/bananas;
- Strong affinity with technology and experience with different software;
- Extensive expertise on CBs’ auditing processes and procedures as well as completed training on major ISO standards (ISO 17065/21);
- Written and verbal proficiency in English, and preferably also in Spanish, Portuguese or French;
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner;
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
Interesse in deze functie?
How to apply:
Please send your application (max. 1 page motivation, max 2 page resume) no later than September 11th 2019 via the 'apply' button below, or to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning Senior Assurance Officer Re-Imagine Certification/Greenjobs in the subject line. For questions about this position, please contact Marejke Lindner via +31 20 5308000 or email@example.com.
Only candidates authorized to work in the Netherlands will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
- Ecologie - Natuur
- Food - Products - Fashion
- Klimaat - Milieu
- Overheid - Stichting - Non-profit