TECHNICAL MANAGER (FULL-TIME)
- Oversee and manage the GSSI Benchmark Process, including ongoing monitoring of alignment
- Be responsible for quality assurance and continuous improvement in the GSSI Benchmark Process
- Oversee multiple Benchmark Processes simultaneously and ensure they run efficiently and effectively;
- Introduce applicant schemes and new partners of GSSI to the Global Benchmark Tool;
- Coordinate Independent Experts and Benchmark Committee Members to conduct the benchmark research and revision;
- Support resolution of technical issues by acting as liaison between the schemes, Independent Experts and Benchmark Committee Members;
- Plan and schedule timelines for projects and Benchmarking Processeso Plan and facilitate regular meetings between all stakeholders involved in the process;
- Prepare internal status reports of the Benchmarking processes and projects as requiredo Track project deliverables using project management tools
- Prepare reports (namely the benchmark reports) and other communication pieces for external and internal audiences;
- Organize public consultations on Benchmark reports;
- Coordinate the Monitoring of Continued Alignment processes and trouble shoot/amend as necessary.
- Quality assurance and continuous improvement
- Periodically review the current implementation of the Global Benchmark Tool and ensure that it remains in line with global best practices.
- Direct the preparation and implementation of Quality Assurance procedures and processes, including the periodic revision of the Global Benchmark Tool
- Develop and oversee training of Independent Experts and Benchmark Committee Members on the GSSI Global Benchmark Tool and the related Benchmark Process
- Develop and update training materials (for v 1.0 and 2.0)
- Communication and Representation
- Draft regular benchmarking updates and presentations for Steering Board and Executive Committee meetings
- (Re-)present GSSI and GSSI Global Benchmark Tool in (inter)national fora
- Arrange contracts for applicant schemes
- Arrange contracts for Independent Experts
- Oversee financial administration of the benchmark process
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years work experience
- Masters degree, or equivalent, in relevant discipline (sustainability, aquaculture and marine resource management, environment and/or social science)
- Proficient business English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Pro
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and listening skills
- The capability to explain complex information simply and clearly
- The ability to network and establish, and manage relationships with clients, consultants and external stakeholders
- The capability to deliver projects within pre-agreed budgets
- Research and analytical skills
- Punctual, yet flexible
- Meticulous and attentive to detail
- Resourceful and independent
- Willing to learn
- Good understanding of certification systems, auditing and quality assurance programs
- A basic understanding of GSSI, its mission and the seafood sector
What We Offer
We offer a dynamic, supportive and start-up working culture in which you will receive training on certification, accreditation, GSSI’s Global Benchmark Tool and the workings of the seafood industry more broadly. You will join seven colleagues in an office in Haarlem and have the opportunity to work, and network with, stakeholders and seafood industry professionals from across the globe. International travel will be required approx. 3 – 6 times per year.
As the public-private partnership on seafood sustainability with 90+ stakeholders industry-wide, GSSI aligns global efforts and resources to address seafood sustainability challenges. Governed by a Steering Board representing the full seafood value chain, companies, NGOs, governments and international organizations – including the FAO –, GSSI promotes sector-wide collaboration to drive forward more sustainable seafood for everyone.
Interesse in deze functie?
If this opportunity sounds appealing to you, please apply by sending your cover letter and CV to email@example.com, addressing Herman Wisse, Managing Director. All applications will be treated with the highest level of discretion and will be accepted until September 15th 2019.
- Food - Products - Fashion
- Klimaat - Milieu
- Overheid - Stichting - Non-profit