Responsibilities and tasks
1. Overall Project support and coordination:
- Provides technical assistance to project implementation, including by supporting the development of reports, scientific publications and communications materials, analyzing data, performing literature reviews and providing technical advice to members of the Wetlands International network and external stakeholders;
- Assists project and programme management, including by supporting the development of financial and technical reports, maintaining oversight on project progress and expenditures, performing budget revisions and by facilitating monitoring and evaluation;
- Independently leads small projects as appropriate, including contracting, internal coordination, reporting and donor liaison;
- Leads on the preparation of meetings / workshops, takes care of the logistics around it, takes minutes if necessary and monitors the follow up of agreements;
- Assists in the development of project proposals.
Result(s): Projects have been implemented, a quality project support is provided and projects are on time and fully realized; proposal developed as per donor criteria and timelines.
2. Contact maintenance and communications:
- Is a point of contact for staff within the Wetlands International network and project partners, proactively providing information related to project formalisation, implementation and closure and timely responding to queries;
- Assists communication to external stakeholders including through proactive outreach and by timely responding to queries;
- Represents Wetlands international in various internal and external meetings as appropriate.
Result(s): Contacts are maintained, so that internal and external stakeholders in projects are timely and accurately informed.
- Identifies opportunities for further professionalization of project implementation
- Identifies opportunities for resources and project development
- Contributes to the transfer of knowledge and experience within the organization
INSIDE Wetlands International:
WI staff in the Global Office in Ede, including project and programme manager(s); staff in the network offices.
OUTSIDE Wetlands International:
Partner organisations, Dutch government, funding organisations.
Essential education and experience
Minimum MSc qualification in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. biology, geography, environmental science/management)
3-5 years of experience in a major programme/project management support, preferably in technical/scientific institutional context, with experience in community-based initiatives.
Experience in performing (qualitative and quantitative) research and in formulating clear and well-documented reports
- Well-developed computer skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and in particular excellent written English
Result (and quality) oriented;
Consistently delivers work of a high standard of quality, precision and according to standards, procedures, rules, regulations and expectations.
Consistently meets established expectations
Applies planning principles to achieve work goals
- Interest in working an international multi-cultural community
- Active interest in current environment and development matters
Willing and able to travel internationally
Full-time job, 36 hours per week (It’s 36 hours per week for a full-time job in Wetlands International).
Salary scale 9-10 of Wetlands International (Euro 2.610 – Max.3.455 based on a fulltime contract).
Contract duration: One year.
Location: Head Office in Ede- Wageningen, The Netherlands.
Start date: a.s.a.p.
About Wetlands International
Wetlands International is a worldwide, not-for-profit organisation with 60 years of experience. Our organisation is a Network made up of 20 offices working in over 100 countries, with outstanding technical staff around the world. Together with many partners, Wetlands International works to safeguard and restore wetlands for people and nature, to reconcile conflicts over water, reduce the risks and impacts of floods and droughts, meet future food needs and tackle climate change.
Interesse in deze functie?
How to apply
To apply for the post, please use the 'Apply" button, sending the below mentioned two documents in English:
a letter of application (no more than 2 pages) stating your motivation for this position and your demonstrated skills and experience for this post,
your resume /CV (no more than 3 pages, without photos).
Deadline for the application is 8 August 2019, but interesting candidates can be approached before the closing date.
Applications that are not complete will not be processed.
- Ecologie - Natuur
- Klimaat - Milieu
- Overheid - Stichting - Non-profit