Traceability Auditor, Netherlands (part-time)
Our activities and services in the Netherlands are growing, and we are therefore seeking a new team member to be trained in our internal training programme to become an auditor in international sustainability standards like FSC®, PEFC and the Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture Standard.
Your job as Traceability (Chain of Custody) Auditor will be to impartially evaluate whether business clients live up to the standards, based on client interviews, client site visits and samples, and to identify any non-conformities so they can be remedied. You will mainly work as Auditor in the Netherlands, and to some extent also in Belgium.
Other responsibilities include handling administrative tasks and task management, as well as supporting market development for NEPCon certification services in the Netherlands under the guidance of our local Market Development Representative.
- Work time: 20 hours/week
- Working location: From home office or co-working space in the Netherlands. Note that NEPCon does not have an office in the Netherlands.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- University degree (BSc or MSc) in forestry, biology, geography, environmental studies or related field.
- 2-3 years’ work experience from the forestry, timber or forest product sector.
- Prior experience with auditing to FSC, PEFC or agriculture standards, and/or experience with business development, sales and marketing in the Netherlands will be considered an advantage.
- Fluency in Dutch as well as English (our organisational language), both spoken and written. German, French or Spanish language skills will be considered an additional asset.
- Proficient user of the MS Office package and good general knowledge of administrative IT systems.
- Own car will be useful for client visits but is not a requirement.
- You are able and willing to travel nationwide and to neighbouring countries as part of your job role.
- You pay attention to detail and have an analytical approach, so you are able to identify non-conformity with certification standards.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, and the ability to organise and manage yourself and your time.
- You are comfortable making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently, often remotely from your colleagues.
- You are at ease with your line manager being located in a different country, and with communicating frequently with colleagues around the world via Skype and email.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- International training in certification services provided by NEPCon
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
NEPCon (Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 250+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation. Read more about us at https://www.nepcon.org
Interesse in deze functie?
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 8 December 2019 via the application button below.
Only applicants legally eligible to work in the Netherlands will be considered.
NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
- Ecologie - Natuur
- Klimaat - Milieu
- Overheid - Stichting - Non-profit