Business Sustainability Manager, Markets Transformation
Corporate Advisory - what we do:
Our Corporate Advisory team helps companies create and implement sourcing policies that will achieve their responsible sourcing goals and help protect the world’s forests. We provide custom, practical solutions to prioritize resources, overcome risk, and maximize the positive social and environmental impact generated through sourcing.
The Manager will be responsible for the Markets Team’s Corporate Advisory activities in Europe, with a focus on forest products and commodities linked to deforestation including oil palm and rubber. S/he will focus on ensuring that all our key partners and stakeholders within our Corporate Advisory, forest products and no deforestation work in Europe are effectively managed, retained and further developed. The manager will recruit companies, build and retain relationships with new and existing companies and stakeholders, prepare proposals and associated budgets, , ensure the successful execution of corporate advisory projects, and assure client satisfaction. The Manager will contribute to the strategic planning of the Markets Transformation program in Europe and will be responsible for market development and relationship management of businesses within France across a multitude of sectors and approaches.
The Manager will also assist the Rainforest Alliance in stimulating demand for FSC certified products, working with colleagues across the team to foster market linkages, influence market/ policy initiatives and market FSC certified products.
Globally he/she will support cross divisional initiatives to streamline and better support the organization’s work with companies. S/he will also work with the Director(s), and other Markets team members, to ensure a unified presentation of services and offerings to clients across the various sectors of our work.
Company Relationship Management
- Act as the principal point of contact for specific clients and manage these clients and their respective service agreements;
- Identify service opportunities, develop technical proposals and budgets, and negotiate service agreements;
- Provide training and technical guidance to clients around responsible sourcing, supply chain management, risk assessment, and tools for moving suppliers towards Rainforest Alliance and FSC certification;
- Coordinate with broader Rainforest Alliance teams to fulfill the needs of those business relationships including facilitating supply chain linkages, guidance on Rainforest Alliance certification processes, service agreements, seal use, marketing campaigns, etc.; and
- Work with the team members to ensure satisfactory delivery of services and execution of contracts.
- Engage key businesses to stimulate market demand for the corporate advisory solutions across all relevant sectors;
- Engage strategic corporate advisory partners to stimulate demand for and use of certified products;
- Work with the Director, Markets Transformation, to define and implement a market demand strategy for Rainforest Alliance in France;
- Manage relationships with key businesses in France to source and promote RAC products; guide and oversee company strategies in the use of these products, conduct training and workshops for key sales and marketing teams (with the support of the Rainforest Alliance’s Communication & Marketing team) and be the interface with other Rainforest Alliance teams to fulfil the needs of that business relationship; and
- Lead the development of concept proposals for companies alongside programs, integrating M&E tools and innovation modules;
Industry and Stakeholder Management
- Build recognition and awareness within the various industry sectors via participation in conferences, cultivating change agents and participating in industry roundtables and tradeshows; collaborate with sector/product specific industry forums or alliances;
- Cultivate and account-manage relevant stakeholder groups, industry associations and NGOs in targeted markets; and
- Serve as a spokesperson for the Rainforest Alliance engaging key opinion leaders and stakeholder communities.
- Work with the Global Forest Products/Advisory Manager, Director, Markets Transformation and Rainforest Alliance management on the development and implementation of key account management plans; and
- Provide global leadership and market development expertise on specific commodity as assigned (i.e wood, wood fiber, palm oil, rubber).
In coordination with colleagues, work to streamline client offerings and provide a unified vision of services and values for clients;
Work internally to assist in the process of streamlining the use of technology in key account management, contract fulfillment and tracking and other areas of work;
Coordinate with the Marketing team on key promotional campaigns and activities for engaged companies, fostering market linkages for FSC and Rainforest Alliance certified products as clearly defined through annual and strategic planning;
Coordinate with consultants on agreed scope of work and subsequent deliverables;
Keep up-to-date on key topics related to sourcing issues on major commodities that affect deforestation, including but are not limited to: market trends in key sectors; developments in controlling illegal logging; environmental activist campaigns; corporate risk assessment and Sustainability IT solutions; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required [economics, international relations, international development, environment/ sustainability or related discipline];
- Minimum of 7 years working in forest management, supply chain forest products or a relevant sector;
- Account or client management experience;
- Experience in designing and implementing CSR or sustainability solutions;
- Knowledge of FSC certification and market trends for FSC certified products, as well as knowledge of markets for certified products in general; Experience as an auditor preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including preparing and giving presentations; Proven experience in report writing and project planning;
- Proficiency in commonly used computer applications (Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Internet) and comfort working with database programs;
- High degree of organizational and time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team that is both local, cross-divisional and international; proven ability to lead a team;
- Strong commitment to the Rainforest Alliance mission with international conservation experience a plus;
- Professional fluency in English and French (written and spoken); and
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25%.
Salary: commensurate with experience
Only candidates authorized to work in the United Kingdom or the Netherlands will be considered
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behaviour. With headquarters in New York City and offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travellers. For more information, please visit http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/about.
Interesse in deze functie?
Using the 'Apply' button, please send your CV, motivation letter (maximum one page) and salary history.
- Duurzaamheid certificering
- Fair Trade