EU ETS Consultant
As a Consultant for the European Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS) you will work in a team with experienced EU ETS experts. You will consult clients from the energy intensive industry, which face major challenges resulting from the complex EU ETS legislation. Together with the team you will support industries with emission monitoring and reporting, handle detailed requests for free allocation and act as an intermediary between local authorities and industry. Through on-site visits, you will experience different industry sectors and have the opportunity to put your theoretical knowledge into practice.
As a member of the broader client segment Industry & Large Corporations you will also work non-EU ETS projects. The themes you will work on are diverse and may vary from assessing the environmental performance of products and corporate value chains to conducting a scenario for a transition to a fully renewable global energy system. You will be responsible for data gathering and analysis, industry research, writing reports, winning tenders, inspiring clients and presenting your findings to the team. In this role you will learn, be challenged and develop skills at a fast pace. In addition to hands-on experience, formal training programmes will teach you the diverse skills you need to succeed.
You will contribute to complex projects and will learn about project management by managing smaller projects. You are expected to transition rapidly into a professional energy consultant.
If you are enthusiastic about the job described above and have the following hard and soft skills, then we would be happy to meet you!
• You have a University degree qualified with outstanding academic results in natural sciences, engineering and/or a sustainability related degree, preferably combined with one or two years professional experience in the field of energy analysis and energy policy;
• You have basic understanding of one or more energy intensive processes in utilities, iron-and steel, chemicals, glass, paper and pulp, etc.)
• You have gained first experiences in EU ETS compliance management in industries
• You have proven extracurricular activities and/or international experience;
• You are a problem solver, with a strong customer focus;
• You are strong in communication, have networking skills and the ability to lead;
• You have strong analytical and computer skills;
• You have excellent English and German (native) language skills and can work in English; knowledge of a third language is beneficial;
• You have the ambition to become an outstanding energy professional;
• You share our passion for sustainable energy.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Ecofys were established in 1984 with the vision of achieving “sustainable energy for everyone”, Ecofys has become the leading strategic consultancy in renewable energy, energy & carbon efficiency, energy systems & markets as well as energy & climate policies. Ecofys creates smart, effective, practical and sustainable solutions for and with public and corporate clients all over the world.
Interesse in deze functie?
To be considered, please upload your cv, motivation letter and a copy of your academic transcript (list of grades) in your application.
- Duurzame energie