Graduate Program: Young Change Maker
The South Pole Young Changemaker Program offers the opportunity for young graduates to join us for a 1-year comprehensive program that provides in-depth professional learning and development across several areas: business development, project management and climate action. Upon completion of the 1-year Program, a successful and high-performing changemaker may be offered the opportunity to join South Pole in a permanent position.
In close cooperation with the Head of EU Project Development, you will quickly familiarize yourself with the Dutch climate mitigation context and initiative for domestic emission reductions, which will enable you to play a key role in the successful development and implementation of emission reduction projects and partnerships.In addition, you will be working directly with corporate clients supporting them with designing and implementing their sustainability strategy and activities. Lastly, you will collaborate with other colleagues in further project development and other activities in the areas of climate change mitigation and adaptation including renewable energy, energy efficiency, forestry and land use, waste handling, circularity and sustainable cities topics.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Participate in the development of emission reduction projects
- Develop the necessary Project Design documentation for the emission reduction projects
- Support the validation and verification process of projects in cooperation with external auditing agencies
- Support the registration and approval process within the selected carbon standards and schemes
- Support expanding South Pole's presence in the Dutch market by actively participating in meetings and workshops in the Netherlands and EU
- Acquire new corporate clients and manage the existing ones
- Provide advisory services to clients in topics such as climate neutrality, carbon offsets, renewable energy solutions and other environmental certificates, as well as office, administrative and communication support
- A university Master degree or equivalent in relevant areas such as Energy, Climate, Environment, Finance or similar
- General knowledge of carbon finance and emission reduction project development cycle
- Familiarity with various carbon standards is a plus
- Availability to travel within the EU
- Excellent oral and written commands of English and Dutch are essential and professional proficiency in French is an advantage
- Holding a valid work permit in EU is a must
- Work in a leading and growing global company with a real commitment to sustainability and fighting climate change
- Excellent team spirit, work with a dedicated and enthusiastic international team around the globe
- High level of responsibility and independent working culture
- Chance to take on increasing responsibilities
- Potentially an opportunity for permanent employment after completing the program, dependent on business opportunities and individual performance
South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all six continents, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Interesse in deze functie?
If you are interested in joining a young and international team looking to make a difference to the world we would be happy to hear from you! Please send your application in English directly through our website. If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact Ms. Carmen Alvarez on +44 2037051770 or on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Duurzaamheid certificering
- Duurzame energie
- Inclusief ondernemen