Landscape restoration Project Manager Ghana
For the landscape project Form International now seeks an experienced Project Manager to lead the implementation of the project under the supervision of Form International and Form Ghana senior management.
The position as Project Manager for this landmark project provides a unique opportunity to engage hands-on with Forest Landscape Restoration, have meaningful impact on the lives of local people and improve landscape management, while building on Form Ghana’s experience, established structures and Form’s local and international support team.
The role of the Project Manager is to deliver the project according to defined objectives and requirements, project planning, manage project budgets, lead the project team on a daily basis, manage subcontracts and consultants, ensure smooth communication with the (internal) project team and external partners, and facilitate the landscape stakeholder processes. The successful candidate will either be employed fulltime in Ghana or be based outside of Ghana (Form HQ in The Netherlands or other home base) with presence at the project site for substantial periods of time. This will be discussed and decided between Form International and the candidate.
Key responsibilities are:
· Manage project cycle (planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting)
· Project financial management and reporting
· Recruitment of project staff
· Manage, train and motivate the local project team
· Provide technical guidance to the project and staff
· Hire and manage subcontracts and consultants
· Advise and proactively engage with senior management as needed to ensure sound progress
· Ensure smooth communication with the (internal) project team and external partners
· Facilitate landscape stakeholder processes
· MSc degree level qualification or higher in Tropical Agriculture/(Agro)forestry/Development Studies/Environment
· Experience in sub-Saharan Africa is required, experience in Ghana is an advantage
· At least 7 years of working experience in Tropical Agriculture or (Agro)forestry, with at least 3 years in project management positions
· Demonstrated experience with project management, planning, budget control, monitoring and reporting
· Strong verbal and written English language skills
· Excellent (intercultural) communication skills, able to work independently while also being a strong team player
· Strong experience with sustainable agriculture, agroforestry and cashew and cocoa in specific are considered an advantage
· (Sustainable) agri value chain management experience is considered an advantage
· Experience with smallholder farming and organisation is considered an advantage
· Experience with smallholder farming finance is considered an advantage
· Experience with stakeholder processes is considered an advantage
· The ability to take initiative and innovate
Form international offers
· A full-time position as Project Manager in the Form international team for a period of 4 to 5 years, with good opportunities to grow to a permanent position in the company
· A market conform salary and secondary terms of employment, fitting your knowledge and experience
· A high degree of independence and responsibility
· A tightly-knit team of professional colleagues, that cooperate in an informal way
· An excellent work climate with perspectives for further development
Form International is a forest management and services company that manages forest assets in Africa and delivers a range of technical and financial services to clients worldwide.
The firm is active both as an advisor in the forest sector and as manager of forest assets. Assets under management for our clients encompass 27,000 hectares of sustainable forest plantations, forest restoration, nature conservation and agroforestry in Ghana (Form Ghana) and Tanzania (SFI Tanzania). The focus is on the restoration of degraded forest lands into productive, ecologically and socially functioning landscapes.
Form International was established in 1992 and is based in Hattem, The Netherlands. The team is characterized by an ambitious, down-to-earth mentality and a practical approach. All consultants and managers have international working experience, mainly in tropical countries. The organisational structure is open and informal with direct communication between management and staff. At Form International there is room for creativity, personal input and knowledge sharing.
Form Ghana is an FSC certified, internationally leading forest plantation company started in 2007 and managing 20,000 hectares of land with 8,500 hectares reforested with teak, indigenous tree plantations and nature conservation areas. The company employs 1,000 people and interacts actively with local communities and authorities to develop in harmony with neighbours and stakeholders.
Form International and Form Ghana are now starting a new 5 year project that aims to restore the degraded forest and agricultural landscape in the fringes of Form Ghana’s reforestation project in the Tain II Forest Reserve. With a long term aim to improve the management, productivity and biodiversity values at landscape scale in this region, the project will start now to prepare for pilot interventions that assist local communities and smallholders to effectively establish tree plantations, climate smart agriculture and enhance natural resource management, which should lead to higher productivity, more income generation and sustainable land management by the local communities. At the landscape level the project seeks to strengthen landscape governance with key stakeholders such as Forestry Commission, Traditional Authorities and Assemblies to address fire risk reduction, nature conservation and improved land management. This project builds on the Public Private Partnership that Form Ghana has in place since 2013 with Forestry Commission and Traditional Authorities.
- Duurzaamheid certificering
- Inclusief ondernemen